Friday, December 5, 2014

Burned Out

Philippians 3:12-14—Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.

During this holiday season, be careful not to get caught up in the “to-do’s” so much that you burn on out on the to-do’s of your faith.  Our whole purpose on this Earth is to connect with God, so whatever interferes with that is going to feel exhausting.  It will make you lose energy for your life mission, and you will lose your connection to God.  In the chaotic times of life, the most critical action to take is seek God.  Everything else will always work itself out because God is in control. 


Today as you pray and meditate on His Word, thank God for being in control. Thoughtfully consider your priorities and ask God to help you rearrange them so that He is the focus of your life.  Pray that God would reveal His purpose in your life, and willingly step in to fulfill your calling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment