Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Banish Ignorance

Acts 3:17-18—“And now, friends, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did also your rulers.  In this way God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets that his Messiah would suffer.”

In this passage, Peter and John attribute Jesus’ crucifixion to the ignorance of the people.  After performing a miracle, Peter and John call upon the crowd to repent and turn from ignorance into the light.  Have you ever interacted with a person who has just enough information to be dangerous?  We all know the kind of person who already knows it all, is not interested in hearing a different perspective, and jumps to judgment based on fragments of disconnected information.  Even today, our churches remain at risk of ignorance, and it’s critical that each member develop a close and knowing relationship with the Lord.  The Enemy infiltrates through weaknesses, and ignorance is one of the greatest weaknesses humans possess.  As a child, one of the ways I was taught to combat ignorance was through Bible Study.  In the summers, I learned the Pledge to the Bible during Vacation Bible School, and those words remain a reminder of my responsibility to remove any ignorance by studying God’s Word and building relationship with Him.

As you meditate on this Scripture today, consider making this pledge: I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God’s Holy Word.  I will make it a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path, and hide its words in my heart that I might not sin against God.  Praise God today for giving us His Word as a guide in our daily lives.  Ask Him to provide you the disciplined spirit to grow in your knowledge of His Word and His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment