Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Where is God?

Jeremiah 29:11-14—For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord.

When we hear on the news about all the violence and hate that fills our world, it might be easy to wonder “Where is God?”  When we suffer a great loss and feel great personal pain, it might be easy to wonder “Where is God?”  It is not enough to wonder where He is, though – the real question we ought to be asking is “Where am I in this?”  God has created each of us for a unique purpose.  When we see injustice, when we feel pain, when we disagree with what is happening in the world around us, that is a call for us to live into our purpose and initiate change.  God is not standing by with a magic wand ready to instantly convert the world. God moves much more subtly to empower us, as His Human Creation, to change the world and make it more like heaven. 


Today as you pray and meditate on His Word, name aloud all the injustices that are resting on your heart.  Cry out to God and ask Him, “Lord, where am I in all of this? What is my purpose in all of this? Reveal to me your plan that I might fulfill your calling in this.” Pray for a willing and loving spirit that would reveal the love God has for all the world. Ask God for wisdom, peace, and patience as you say “yes” to His Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment