Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Just a Call Away

Jeremiah 33:3—Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

Have you ever felt at a loss?  Perhaps you didn’t know the answer to a problem, or you were feeling frustrated with a situation, or you had a medical or family circumstance that worried you.  God says that when we call on Him, He will talk to us.  He has promised to reveal Himself to us if we just ask.  In the midst of turmoil and adversity, sometimes we forget to ask, though.  Sometimes we forget how to listen.  It’s amazing how our bodies and minds can run away from us when we are feeling stressed.  Just recently, I realized in yoga that I hold my breath anytime I do a difficult posture.  The more I pay attention to my breath, the more I realize that I tend to hold my breath anytime I’m facing any sort of challenge.  If I’m forgetting to even breathe, chances are that I’m forgetting to call on God, too.  It takes effort sometimes to remember that God is indeed there for us, and that He wants to take care of us.  He will provide a way, and He will reveal the answers we need.

Today as you pray and meditate on His Word, praise God as the Breath of Life.  Pray that He would infuse you with His Breath so that His Wisdom might permeate every inch of your being.  Call on God to reveal Himself to you.  Whatever your questions, lay them at His Feet and ask Him to give you answers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment