Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Watch Out, Don't Fall!

1 Corinthians 10:12-13—So if you think you are standing, watch out that you do not fall. No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

Have you ever noticed that God really does let us endure bad circumstances, but He never gives us more than we can handle.  To be sure, it might seem at some points that He we cannot handle what He has given, but He never abandons us, and somehow, someway, we handle it.  Recently, I’ve started to notice a pattern in my own life that when most things seem to be going right, I have a harder time remembering that God is in charge.  I start to think that I am the reason things are going well.  But when the going gets tough and hard decisions have to be made, I am reminded that God is the one who is really in control.  Yesterday it dawned on me that perhaps the purpose of some of these difficult circumstances is to remind me that God is in charge.  Perhaps the tense relationships are reminders that I am doing the right thing.  After all, we have never been promised an easy life—a life of purpose is bound to be the subject of much criticism, so those difficult criticisms may just be a reminder that you are doing it right. This Scripture passage reminds me that whenever I feel like I’m standing on my own two feet, I have to look up and remember that God is always propping me up.  He is faithful and there will be times when I am knocked down, but God will always see me through in His Divine and Perfect Way.


Today as you pray and meditate on His Word, Worship God as your great provider and sustainer.  Thank God for the tests in your life that remind you He is in Control.  Thank God for blessing you with His loving guidance.  Challenge yourself to continually look up to God and be reminded of His Awesome Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment