Friday, August 8, 2014

Here am I; Send Me!

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I; send me!”

There’s a song by Downhere called “Here I am” that captures the swell of emotion, elation, and doubt that swirls within and around us at the sound of God’s call.  In one part, the groups sings, “Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness/And the fear that I'll fail You, in the end/Oh, in this mess, I'm just one of the pieces/I can't put this together, but You can/Here I am, Lord send me/I wanna live my life as an offering/Here I am, Lord send me/Somehow my story, is part of Your plan/So here I am.”  When I hear these words, I am reminded that I am not the only person to ever worry that I will fail or fall short of God’s intentions for me.  The truth is, my humanity does fail each and every day—it is God who empowers me, and He is in ultimate control of everything.  I might not ever see the full picture of how He uses me, but I trust that He has placed me exactly where He wants me to be and He is using me to accomplish great things for His kingdom.


Today as you pray and meditate on His Word, open your heart to unfettered trust that God is using you even when you are afraid of failing.  Tell Him that you are His willing servant and thank Him for the opportunity to be one piece of something so much greater than we could ever imagine. Praise His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment